Monday, April 6, 2009

Two tapes down, 8 minutes finished...

Editing is moving along at a pace that only those who have edited movies can truly understand. Couple that with the fact that Russ and I have full time jobs, live 40 minutes away from each other, and have a bunch of life that gets in the way, and it brings the editing process to a grinding halt except for once a week.

We will be spending some weekends editing very soon. I think that even with the time complications and such, we should be able to get the rough cut of this thing edited by the end of June. I still think that is reasonable.

We have already determined that we will need at least a day, if not more, of overdubbing for some scenes. We are awaiting some soundtrack stuff, and will also need to Foley some effects. Most of this requires that at least the bulk of the editing be done...

It is indeed quite a process, and I seriously think that next time I direct a big film like this, that I am going to edit as I shoot. Will it make the initial process that much more arduous? Probably, but it will cut down on a lot of the post-production woes.

All stress and griping aside, I love it. I wish someone would give me a job doing it...
Jim

No comments: